27 February 2011

OUR NEW HOMESCHOOL APPROACH

So, I have decided to change the way we homeschool. For as long as we have homeschooled we have just gone with the flow. I've always made sure the kids were on track with kids their age/grade and that they were free to explore things that interested them. I would tell people that our type of homeschooling was somewhere between eclectic and unschooling.

Now, after doing some research, I have decided to start using Charlotte Mason's method of schooling. I'm uber excited! I've known others who have used CM, but I guess until now I just thought that it was a little outdated (or something like that). Since doing some soul searching I've found that this is a perfect fit for me, oh, and my kids, too. ;)

During the next few months I will be doing a lot of reading and preparing for our next year of homeschooling. I can't wait!!

Here's some resources I have used so far:
Ambleside Online
Charlotte Mason Education

2 comments:

  1. I've heard good things about CM...please keep us updated on your thoughts as you start this new homeschooling adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm currently trying to read through CM's 6 volumes right now. As I understand it, you can't really get the full effect of a CM curriculum unless you have a thorough understanding of her idea of education.

    ReplyDelete